Wednesday, May 20, 2009

New Life

I'm still alive! Just living my life away from the computer. Hubs and I have been spending much needed quality time together. When I was working and going to school we were lucky to get an hour a day together...and most of the time I was doing homework during that time. Since he works 24 hours, 24 hours off, 24 hours on, and then off for 5 days we have PLENTY of time together! I love it! I've been cooking, can you believe it? I made Cheeseburger Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes last night...thanks Rachel Ray! I've been cleaning, a lot! I even have bruises from scrubbing the baseboards on my hands and knees today!! Can you believe that?! I don't like to clean anymore then I did before but...it's a small price to pay to get to stay home everyday!!

We're taking the girls out of daycare!! WOOHOO! I haaaaaaaaaaaaate daycare so I'm glad we're able to get them out of there! I plan on making our summer pretty scheduled just for the simple fact that if I don't I know the girls will be bored and drive us insane! =) We are really blessed that between my summer school schedule and hubs work schedule there is only ONE day we'll need to get a babysitter for 3 hours while I'm at school. Our neighbor has graciously offered to watch them that day.

We're having a family crawfish boil Saturday since we didn't get to have one for Easter. My mom is in town so we're working on getting her to move back to Texas! ;) We miss our Mama and it's time for her to come home!

I've tweaked and crammed my school schedule and will be able to hopefully graduate a semester earlier then expected...I'll probably be cussing myself later for doing this but I really want to graduate and be done with school! And no, I will NOT go back for my Master's. The school district can keep their $1,000 a year for a Master's degree. =)

Well, I think this post is random enough. Just wanted to update my few readers! Hope everyone is doing as well as I am! I love this new life!

3 comments:

Erin said...

i'm so glad you're enjoying your time off. staying home with the kids will be more than a full time job though!!

Ashley said...

Glad to hear things are going well! Do you plan on staying home for good now??

Erin said...

Stop having fun and get back to blogging!!!!!